Baked Ziti


A couple of weeks ago I unexpectedly had a bunch of kids for dinner one night. They played hard and all of a sudden they were HUNGRY! My son is the kind who cannot wait . When he gets too hungry he reaches a point of no return. He needs to eat NOW!
I had to make something quick, something to feed a crowd and something that kids would love!
Baked Ziti came to mind....Rich and creamy ricotta cheese combined with mozzarella and spaghetti sauce to make a rich and filling sauce for cooked ziti. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for a delicious, classic Italian casserole.
 
 Ingredients:


1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta

24 ounces ricotta cheese

1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:


 
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.

 

In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.

 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

 

Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese.

 

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving. I also like to broil it for 2 minutes. Serve it with some roasted broccoli (my kids favorite) and crusty bread with a dab of butter! Hmmmm!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds so yummy! I am making it tonight & will let you know how my family likes it!! Thanks :)
Laxmi said…
looks yummyilicious!!! will definitely try it. Can we alter the amount of cheese?
Fusion Spice said…
Yes you can certainly alter the amount of cheese Laxmi.
Fusion Spice said…
I hope it did turn out well Melissa! Let me know tomorrow!
Anonymous said…
The Ziti was WONDERFUL!! My family loved it & it was so easy to fix!!! THANKS :)
Melissa

Popular Posts