Quinoa Veggie “Fried Rice”

Okay I admit....I am addicted to Pinterest.  If you have not heard about it yet, its a site where you can spend hours admiring the creativity of other people while completely wasting your own! Ha! Ha! Ha! Well, I take that back, its not an absolute waste of time because it helps with awesome recipes like this one! I am amazed at how creative you can get with quinoa! Try this one and you will not be disappointed!
 
Start by sweating out some garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or so.
 
 
 
Then add mushrooms, red pepper, corn, peas and zucchini, letting them get nice and tender. 
 
 

 
Next add in the broccoli, stir fried tofu, seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of Sriracha, shredded carrots and cooked quinoa.
 
 

 
Once that’s heated through, stir in the ginger and soy sauce.
 
And finally, we’ll add in the green onions. You can add diced eggs (for the diced eggs, you can just fry 2 beaten eggs over low heat until completely cooked through).
 
 

 
Serve immediately with Sriracha - the most important ingredient of all!

 
My kids loved it with egg but I prefer the tofu :)

Comments

Popular Posts